Our Mission: To Provide Long Term Affordable Homes For Families.
Thank you for choosing your new property from Valor Homes. This Welcome Packet contains important information, so please read it in its entirety and keep it in a safe, easy to find location for quick reference.
Renters Insurance: You are required to get Renters Insurance. Renters Insurance covers damages to your personal belongings due to fires, break-ins, water damage from leaks or sewage issues. Valor Homes Insurance only covers the house structure, our Insurance does not pay for loss of your personal belongings. Valor Homes does not pay for the loss of your personal belongings or damages to your personal belongings. You are free to use whoever you wish but here is the name and number of the Insurance Agent we use to insure our homes due to fire. State Farm Insurance: Mark Gray 770.487.8562
Utilities: Please keep in mind that you are responsible for having utilities switched into your name within 5 calendar days of the lease start date. If you cannot have them switched into your name, you will be responsible for finding someone who is willing to put them in their names. We can add this person to the lease however they will need to pay the $50 for the cost of the screening and have no recent evictions or filings within the last 2 years. Under no circumstances are we able to leave the utilities on in our name.
Adding Someone to the Lease Policy: If you need to add someone to the lease after the lease has been signed, they will need to pay the $50 for the cost of the screening and have no recent evictions or filings within the last 2 years.
Security Deposit Return Policy: We do not charge an application fee. It is very important that you are sure about your choice BEFORE you reserve a home. If you reserve a home and then change your mind after 48 hours, we keep $200 of your initial deposit. The $200 we retain is to compensate us for taking the home off the market, updating the website and processing the paperwork and running your screening. In order to reserve a home, you must pay half a month's rent in cash or money order. Payment can be made by giving the funds to a Valor Homes employee or by depositing the funds directly into our bank account. You can call the office to get our bank account information. To hold a property for 2 weeks we require a deposit equal to 1/2 a month's rent (cash or money order). To hold a property for 1 month we require a deposit equal to 1 month's rent (cash or money order). If you change your mind before 2 weeks, we will return the deposit minus $200. If you change your mind after two weeks, we will retain the equivalent of half a months rent. The money we hold back is to cover the costs of taking the home off the the market, updating the website and processing the paperwork plus compensation for time we lost where we could have rented the home to someone else. If you put money down on a property and the property is then reserved for you, a background check is then run, and you back out within 48 hours of us reserving the house, there is a $50 non-refundable fee assessed to cover the cost of the screening. If you lie on your application and state you do not have any recent evictions, yet recent evictions appear on your background check, there is a $50.00 non-refundable fee unless you opt to pay the extra Security Deposits.
Standard Qualifying Policy: In order to qualify for a home you will need to show proof of earnings. Please refer to the Earnings Chart below for our qualifying standards. Income must be in the form of recent paystubs, or 2 years of 1099's, W2's or tax returns showing employment with the same company. Your application and proof of income must also be submitted and approved before we will reserve a house for you. If you have paid money to reserve a house, we cannot qualify you until we receive copies of 30 days worth of pay stubs. Once you are approved, you must also provide a clear legible copy of the Drivers Licenses of all those who will be on the lease. All parties on the lease must be present at lease signing or be available to come to the office to sign the lease beforehand. Once we receive all the required information, we are usually able to approve you within one day. We are happy to qualify customers in advance of putting down a deposit. If Valor Homes tries to get in touch with you regarding your lease signing or anything that involves the approval of your application and we are unable to reach you or hear back from you within 3 business days, Valor Homes reserves the right to put the house back on the market. Please be truthful on your application. A prior eviction does not always disqualify you. If you send in your application, you are truthful on your application, you provide your proof of income along with your deposit, we can usually qualify you the same day and you will not risk losing any part of your deposit if you do not qualify. We cannot accept letters from employers who claim to pay cash or income from tips that are not reported to the IRS. Qualifying income includes hourly pay, salary, social security, food stamps, or disability. In order to use Child Support as income, you must show receipt of child support for 6 straight months. We do not accept unemployment income. We want our customers to be in a position to comfortably afford the rental cost as well as other costs of living such as food, utilities, transportation, etc. Based on your earnings, you can determine how much rent you can afford. If you cannot provide proof of income through our approved means, please see our Exceptions to Standard Qualifying section below.
Earnings ChartRent: $0-$600- need to make rent plus $1500/month $601- $700- need to make rent plus $1800/month $701-$900- need to make rent plus $2000/month $901-$1100 need to make rent plus $2200/month $1101 + $1200 rent plus $2400/month $1201- $1300 rent plus $2600/month $1301- up need to make rent plus $2800/month
Exceptions to Standard Qualifying: If an Eviction has been filed on you within the past 2 years from date of your application, and you would still like to rent from Valor Homes, you have the option of paying 3 Security Deposits, one of which can be used as your last months rent. You must have been released from prison for 10 years in order to rent one of our homes for a felony conviction. If you were given probation, the date of conviction must be at least 10 years ago. One Security Deposit is equivalent to one months rent. If you are unable to provide proof of your income, you also have the option of paying 3 Security Deposits, one of which can be used as your last months rent.
Explanation of Prorated Rent: If you move in after the first day of the month, your initial rent payment will be applied to the next full months rent. On the First day of the next month, you are only required to pay for the days you occupied the home the month before. This is to get everyone on a first of the month due date. EX: If you move in on 9/20/10, then you are required to pay the first full months rent and the full security deposit which will be applied to 10/1/10-10/31/10 rent. Then on 10/1/10, you pay only for the days you occupied the home in September (9/20-9/30). Valor Homes reserves the right to decline any customer who has attempted to commit fraud with regards to their application and/or paystubs.
Valor Homes Contact Information
Office Hours and address: Monday-Friday 9:00-5:00
120 Handley Rd, Suite 620, Tyrone GA 30290 Fax Number: 404.591.7945
Payments: call or text 404.512.1078 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to provide your name and best contact phone number. Please put your street address in subject line of your email. Ex: 123 Your Street. If you have questions concerning your statement or a letter you’ve received, please call during regular business hours and reserve the weekend calls for emergency repairs only. Do not leave a message regarding a payment plan. Call back during regular hours.
New Move In’s, Utility issues and/or Lease questions: call or text 404.647.9174 or email email@example.com. Be sure to provide your name and best contact phone number. Please put your street address in subject line of your email. Ex: 123 Your Street
Repairs: call or text 404.563.0936 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to provide your name and best contact phone number. Please put your street address in subject line of your email. Ex: 123 Your Street.
After Hours or Emergency Repair issues such as backed up sewer, AC or Heat not working, toilets overflowing, please call or text cell 404.563.0936. If you haven’t heard from anyone within 24 hours, please call back. We want to help you. The messages are checked regularly for emergencies and someone will call you back.
Minor Repairs: running toilets, clogged toilets, loose toilet seats, caulking around tubs/sinks, light bulbs, etc. are considered minor repairs and should be handled by the tenant. Remember, if you break it…you fix it.
Here are some things you should know:
1. Mutual Respect Policy: One of the goals we have at Valor Homes is to always treat our tenants and employees with respect. One way we accomplish this goal is to have a Zero Tolerance Policy for profanity and rudeness. We do not tolerate our employees speaking disrespectfully to our tenants. We understand that tenants can get upset if their repairs are not completed but I can assure you we want to fix your repairs. This policy works both ways. Management has given our Employees permission to politely excuse themselves from the phone conversation if they feel they are being treated unfairly or spoken to in a way that adds unwarranted stress to their day. Please remember that we care about your health and happiness and want to help and expressing your concerns in a respectful manner will result in a faster reaction time and a win win for everyone.
2. Repairs: We offer you a value proposition. We cannot guarantee a perfect home however we guarantee you that we offer the best value for your money. In order for us to continue to offer long term affordable homes as our mission dictates, the customer must be a partner with us in making minor repairs. We will make the big repairs but we need the customer to help with the small minor repairs. We cannot deliver a perfect home, only a livable home. It is up to the customer to make the small improvements that are important to them. If the customer wants our help in any way they must request it and we will either fix the problem or let them know that we can’t. We cannot fix every issue, but we do address what we believe are the important issues. Again, we offer a value proposition that not every person will appreciate. If you prefer a landlord to fix every little issue then you will certainly be paying much more rent for the home you live in. Any reimbursement request by the customer must be requested in advance or it will not be approved. Valor Homes is not able to provide or repair screens for the windows, window treatments/blinds, garbage disposals, screen doors, phone jacks, outside Security Lights, monthly pest control service for tenant occupied homes, kitchen sink sprayers, light bulbs or broken windows after move in, tub stopers, shower rods, toilet roll fixtures, towel rods, or broken doorbells. We make no guarantees for outside sheds or their contents, or ceiling fans as those could have been installed by prior tenants.
3. Lawn Maintenance: We are a Property Management company, not a Landscaping company. We will only trim bushes and keep the yard cut. We cannot maintain 350 homes lawns the same as you might want to maintain it if you just have one yard to maintain.
4. Utilities: Utilities are services to the home such as power, water, or gas if applicable. Utilities will remain in Valor Homes’ name for 5 calendar days from the Lease Start Date. All utilities will be disconnected on the 6th calendar day. No exceptions. Please be sure to confirm whether your home is all electric or if it has Gas. Call Atlanta Gas Light to confirm. Valor Homes will bill you for the costs of all utilities from the day your lease starts until the day the utilities are switched into your name. This charge will be added to your Monthly Statement. Even though you’ve gone to the Utility companies to have the utilities turned on your name, that does not mean the utility companies turn them on in your name immediately. A lot of times, they have to go out and read meters. Therefore on your statement, you may be billed for more than 5 days because the utilities were on in our name longer than 5 days. If for some reason you are unable to have any utility switched into your name, please call the Move In department at 404.647.9174 to discuss adding someone you know to the lease so they can have the utilities put in their name. We do not have the option to keep them in our name. BE PREPARED TO PAY A DEPOSIT TO EACH UTILITY COMPANY….SOMETIMES AS MUCH AS $550!! YIKES! Do not wait until the 5th day to ask to have someone else added to the lease. The day your lease starts is the day the utilities are ordered to be disconnected for the 5th calendar day and if you wait too long, you will find yourself without power, water (sewage is included in your water bill) or heat/AC. Based off our experience, you can expect a $200 power bill per every 1,000sqft of home. This is just an estimate based off setting your thermostat to 78 degree temp for air conditioning and then 68 degree temp for heat. We also suggest using space heaters during the winter if the regular heat isn’t getting your home as comfortable as you’d like.
5. Rental Payments: Rent is due on the First day of the month. We prefer cash or Money Order- please make payable to Valor Homes 100 LLC. Please fill out a blank deposit slip for Bank of America and be sure to include your street address and your name on the deposit slip…see attachment. It is not necessary to write the city and state on the deposit slip. Each morning, we review the transactions online and credit your account where applicable. Please deposit rent payments into Bank of America Acct# 0033 4098 0138 Account Name: Valor Homes 100 LLC, 315 Corrigan Trace, Peachtree City, GA 30269, 404.512.1078. Keep your receipts. Rent is late 5 days after due date. At that time a $50 charge will be added to your account balance. There will be a $35 fee for any bounced check we receive and we will then require that you pay with cash or Money Order only from that point on. Since a lot of our tenants pay the same amount of rent, it may be best if you add some cents to your deposit to make your deposit stand out or be different than others especially if you are in a time crunch to prove that you’ve made a deposit.
6. Filters: You are responsible for changing out your AC/Furnace Filters. Changing them every 30 days will really help lower your electric bills.
7. Pest Control: Each house is sprayed before a new tenant moves in or within 30 days of move in. After 30 days of Lease Start Date it is up to the tenant to maintain pest service. This includes ants, bees, spiders, roaches etc. Feel free to contact Douglas Pest Control at 770.460.5258 for service but you are welcome to use who ever you wish or do it yourself but be prepared to pay at time of service.
8. Wood Floors: Do not use a traditional mop with bucket of water to clean the floors. Using water can cause major damage to the floors and cause them to buckle up. We suggest that you use Swiffer Wet Jets or something like that to clean the floors. You will be charged for the repairs to the floors if they buckle due to your negligence.
9. Pet Policy: Valor Homes does not allow any inside pets. Exceptions to this rule would be fish, gerbils or hamsters. If it is brought to our attention that there is a dog in your home, you will be charged a $500 pet fee and face possible eviction.
10.Your Contact Information: It is your responsibility to inform Valor Homes of any change in your contact information. Please let us know if your cell phone or home number changes. If we need to get in touch with you regarding your account or maintenance issues and we can not reach you due to your phone numbers being changed or disconnected, you may miss out on important information and/or your maintenance request may not be completed.
11. Alarm System: If there is already an alarm system in the home and you want it to be monitored, call NEAL ELECTRIC at 770.471.2357. If there isn’t an alarm system already in the home, you will need to call us at 404.647.9174 so we can order the system to be installed and then you will be required to pay the monthly fee to have it monitored. I believe there is no contract with Neal Electric and the monitoring is very reasonable. You do not have to use Neal Electric for monitoring HOWEVER, we can not allow any other provider to install their system in the home.
12. Painting: We note the paint condition of each room and have made an assessment as to whether or not we need to re-paint. If we provide freshly painted rooms upon move in, they should be returned to us in the same condition. If you would like to paint the walls yourself a particular color, please let us know this before WE paint. You will not be required to re-paint the walls upon move out as long as we hadn’t painted them upon move in. Please call the office to discuss your options regarding painting. DO NOT PAINT OVER RECEPTICALS AND OUTLET COVERS. This is an extreme fire hazard.
13. Agreements made between Valor Homes and Tenants: All promises made by Valor Homes to the tenant must be put in writing to insure they will be honored. Verbal promises are too easy to misunderstand and/or be potentially over looked.
Utilities are services to the home such as power, water, or gas if applicable.
Remember to switch your utilities within 5 days of your lease start date.
Dekalb County Water and Sewer- call DCWS for deposit information. 404.378.4475
Take the completed application, a copy of your social security card, driver's license or picture identification, and your lease or closing papers along with a non-refundable $20 application fee to:
Revenue Collections/Water Billing Department Office hours are Monday - Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
1300 Commerce Drive (on the corner of Commerce and Trinity) in downtown Decatur.
City of Atlanta Water- call City ofAtlanta Water for deposit information. 404.658.6500
To establish service as renter you must apply in person at the City Hall Office located at:
55 Trinity Avenue, SW
The following information below is required:
a. A notarized lease agreement, lease-to-purchase agreement or settlement statement;
b. A required deposit of $80, (varies depending upon meter size) and an account establishment fee of $15;
c. A valid photo ID;
d. A completed DWM APPLICATION FOR WATER / SEWER SERVICE Form
Important Note: Optional: For those renting a property within the City of Atlanta limits, you may contact the Fire Department for a FREE Water Conservation Kit. The Kit contains a low flow shower head and low flow faucet for your sink. Remember that the City of Atlanta has exceptionally higher water and sewer charges so be conservative when watering your lawn/flowers and cleaning.
City of Atlanta Public Works: Main Number: 404-330-6333
For Trash Cans for City of Atlanta ONLY. Fax written request with HUD-1 to 404-546-9073
City of College Park- call City of College Park for deposit information. 404.767.1537
College ParkCity Hall
3667 Main St.
College Park, GA 30337
City of East Point- call City of East point deposit information. 404.270.7010
2777 East Point St
City Of Palmetto: call City ofPalmetto for deposit information. 770.463.3377
509 Toombs Street
Palmetto,GA30268Office hours are between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Applicant will need to show picture ID and a lease or closing papers and pay a $5.00 application fee. Deposit amount is based on credit ($150.00, $350.00 or $550.00). Full deposit must be paid before service is turned on.
City of Union City- call City of Union City for deposit information. 770.964.2288
5047 Union Street
Union City ,GA 30291 Office Hours are Monday- Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Clayton County Water Authority- call CCWA for deposit information. 770.961.2130
1600 Battle Creek Rd.
Morrow, GA 30260
Fairburn Utilities: call Fairburn Utilities for deposit information. 770.969.3481
106 Howell Avenue
Fairburn,GA.30213 Office Hours are Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Fayette EMC: call Fayette EMC for deposit information. 770.502.0226
103 Sumner Road
Fayetteville,GA30214Office Hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Georgia Power- call Georgia Power for deposit information. 888.660.5890
Gas: Please feel free to use which ever gas provider you choose. Here is just a suggestion.
Trash- For trash collection in City of Atlanta, contact the office. We have to send City of Atlanta a copy of our Settlement statement along with a letter asking for trash service.
CLM Sanitation- 770.474.9273 (serving Jonesboro, Riverdale, East Point, College Park, Atlanta)
Waste Management- 866.458.0507 (serving Jonesboro, Riverdale, East Point, College Park, Atlanta)
Cable/Satellite- Please do not install satellite on roof.
Direct TV- 800.294.1693 Dish Network- 866.958.9036 Charter Communications- 800.955.7766
Call William Berry at 404-551-7462 for services related to Gas Service, Phone, Internet or TV Services.
Valor Homes 100, LLC Move Out Policy
Voluntary Move Out Process:
We hope to maintain a long term renting relationship with all our tenants however if you wish to move out of the property after your lease is up, please let us know in writing 30 days prior to moving out. In order to receive your security deposit back, we ask that you leave the property in a clean state with no damages. You must call the office to do a proper Move Out Inspection or your are at risk of losing some, if not all of your Security Deposit. Any monies owed to Valor Homes due to damages, past due rent or utility bills will be deducted from the balance of your security deposit. See the Painting policy if you’ve painted the house. This security deposit cannot be used as your last months rent. Once an inspection of the home has been completed by one of Valor Homes representatives, any credit balance remaining will be mailed to you by check to the forwarding address you provide us in your notice within 30 Days. If you’d like to pick up the check from our office, you may contact us so we can set up a time that is mutually agreeable. We must do a Full Inspection of the property with the tenant present before any deposit is refunded. If you’re unable to meet for a Move Out Inspection, please let us know when you leave and be sure to lock the windows and the doors.
Involuntary Move Out Process:
In the event you are required to vacate the property, we ask that you leave the home in a clean state and with no damages and lock all the doors and windows.
Below is a detailed explanation of Valor Homes’ eviction process. If you miss your payment due date by 1 weeks or more, you will receive a phone call from one of Valor Homes representatives to set up a payment plan to get your account caught up. If we are unable to reach you regarding a payment plan, a payment plan will be automatically set up for you and sent to you in writing. If you fail to meet the established payment plan, Eviction Process Step 1 will begin on day 15.
EVICTION STEP 1 – Tenant will be called and a 10 day letter will be mailed. There will be a $200 dispossessory fee applied to the tenants account. Tenant has the option of discussing a payment plan. If there is no communication from tenant or tenant fails to meet payment plan, Eviction Step 2 will begin.
EVICTION STEP 2 – Tenant will be called and a 3 day letter is hand delivered to tenants home. Deliverer will offer to help tenant move if tenant thinks they are unable to catch up. There will be another $200 dispossessory fee applied to tenant statement and property will be put back on the internet as upcoming property.
EVICTION STEP 3- If there is no communication from tenant after receiving 3 day notice and a large enough payment has not been made, final Eviction proceedings begins. A Valor Homes representative will go to the courthouse and file eviction papers. Once papers have been taken to courthouse but you wish to pay to stay in the home, you must contact Valor Homes to find out how much you will need to pay in order to cancel court. There will be a $500 dispossessory fee applied to tenant account.
EVICTION STEP 4- If tenant does not voluntarily vacate the property or pay agreed upon amount, a trial date will be set by the court in which both a representative from Valor Homes as well as the tenant will be required to attend. If tenant fails to show up for the court date, an order will be placed for a Sheriff to extract tenant belongings from the property.
NOTE: no fees will be forgiven until you are up to date with your payments. Once you are up to date, we will discuss waiving some of the fees.